Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami


Started: 3/6/06
Finished: 3/7/06
Pages: 436
Genre: fiction
Grade: B
Reason for reading: book chosen for face to face bookclub
Blurb (from inside page of ARC): "At 15, Kafka Tamura runs away from home, either to escape a gruesome oedipal prophecy or to search for his long-missing mother and sister. And the aging Nakata, who never recovered from a wartime affliction, finds his highly simplified life suddenly upset. Their odyssey, as musterious to us as it is to them, is enriched throughout by vivid accomplices and mesmerizing events."
Opinion: Fairly good read-definitely kept my attention during my longer commute. I had been warned that the writing style was different so I was expecting the worst and was pleasantly surprised. I'm looking forward to my bookclub to see how others felt.

No comments: