Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella


Started: 3/13/06
Finished: 3/14/06
Pages: 357
Genre: Chick Lit
Grade: B-
Reason for reading: booksfree.com book
Blurb (from back cover): "With the same wicked humor, buoyant charm, and optimism that have made her Shopaholic novels beloved international bestsellers, Sophie Kinsella delivers a hilarious new novel and an unforgettable new characher. Meet Emma Corrigan, a young woman with a huge heart, an irrepressible spirit, and a few little secrets:
"Secrets from her boyfriend: I've always thought Connor looks a bit like Ken. As in Barbie and Ken.
"Secrets from her mother: I lost my virginity in the spare bedroom with Danny Nussbaum while Mum and Dad were downstairs watching Ben-Hur.
"Secrets she wouldn't share with anyone in the world: I have no idea what NATO stands for. Or even what it is.
"Until she spills them all to a handsome stranger on a plance. At least, she thought he was a stranger...
"But come Monday morning, Emma's office is abuzz about the arrival of Jack Harper, the company's elusive CEO. Suddenly Emma is face-to-face with the stranger from the plane, a man who knows every single humiliating detail about her. Things couldn't possibly get worse. Or can they?"
Opinion: It was hard for me not to laugh out loud throughout parts of this book. What I didn't find all that believable was the relationship between Emma and Jack. Other than that, this book is a definite go and I will be looking up Sophie Kinsella's other books that I don't already own.

No comments: