Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander

Started: 8/22/07
Finished: 8/23/07
Year: 1964
Pages: 224
Genre: Fantasy
Grade: B-
Reason for reading: reread to start off the rest of the series
Blurb (from back cover): "This is a tale of enchantment, of good and evil, and of the Assistant Pig-Keeper who wants to become a hero. Young Taran sets out, with a few strangely assorted companions, on a hazardous mission to save his beloved land, Prydain, from the forces of evil. He meets adventures in which, humor and gallantry are blended in a way that will keep readers of many ages completely absorbed-for this is fantasy that is rooted in reality and truth."
Opinion: I recently received the whole series as part of a bookray through Bookcrossing.com. I read this book back in 6th grade and hated it. I reread it awhile ago and didn't hate it. I had forgotten a lot of it and was glad that I read it so I can then read the rest of the series.

No comments: