Monday, July 03, 2006

Queens of Woodlawn Avenue by Regina Hale Sutherland


Started: 6/28/06
Finished: 7/2/06
Year: 2006
Pages: 282
Genre: Contempory Romace
Grade: B
Reason for reading: review for My Shelf
Blurb (from back cover): "Dear Friends, Life is certainly full of surprises. First my husband dumps me for a D-cup Hooters waitress. Sceond, I buy a tumbledown 1920s Tudor with the oldest-and most ironic-living room arch. Yup, it's heart-shaped. Then, just as I'm starting to adjust, my perky new neighbor comes calling with an incredible announcement. My home is one of four houses built by the original members of the Woodlawn Avenue Bridge Club. I'm now the 'Queens of Hearts'! I can't play bridge, but she and the other two queens are determined to teach me-'Fifty is not too old to learn anything!'-and help me start dating, live life my way, and deal with my ex, who suddenly can't resist the new me."
Opinion: I've been curious about the Red Hat Society since it started becoming popular a while ago. So when I saw this one in the box of books that the creator of MyShelf.com, I was skeptical. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. For a complete review, check out MyShelf next month.

No comments: